Sunday, February 26, 2012

Does he have to grow up?

We put Landon in the crib last night for the first time.  I've attempted several naps in the crib, but it's never lasted for more than 30 minutes.  We got him ready for bed and laid him down around 9 o'clock.  Over the next hour, we heard him sort of fussing.. then he would fall asleep, then wake up crying.  This happened a couple times.  I knew it was going to be hard.  Finally, I nursed him (even tho he had just had a full bottle before we laid him down) then put him back down.  He finally fell asleep around 10 and slept until around 5 o'clock!  He's only STTN once before, so this was great!  After he was fed again, we were able to get another couple hours of sleep in.

So it seems as tho he did very well in the crib once he finally fell asleep.  Me tho?  I was a wreck! I cried myself to sleep.  I hated it.  I didn't think I would be so emotional moving him into his room.  I mean I can leave him with Jordan, my mom, my mother-in-law.. to go out and I'm just fine.  I miss him, but I'm fine.  I couldn't even look at his empty bassinet without tears!  I missed him next to me, even if he did wake me up every few hours or so.  It was just comforting.  I'm very paranoid having him far away from me... we have a baby monitor that is a motion sensor (AngelCare) and a clip-on the diaper motion monitor (Snuza), so it eases my mind a little.  

Landon is coming up on 4 months already.  Jordan says that, "yeah, it feels like it's been 3 months", but I feel as tho he was just born yesterday... that's how quickly time is going for me. It's definitely true that they say they grow up so quickly.  We are still waiting for him to roll over.. you would think that if he hated tummy time so much, that he would learn how to roll over back to his back!  I have a feeling his diaper might be inhibiting that tho!  Poor boy, I don't even know if he'll ever be able to discover his cute little feet with all that bulk on the butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment